Friday, February 10, 2006

Thaipusam in Penang


I thought I would post a couple photographs of 'piercing' since Thaipusam is tomorrow.

I've attended the celebration a few times here in Penang. As a Photographer, this celebration is definitely something you would want to attend, at least once. There are thousands of devotees who visit the temples here in Penang, especially at the Waterfall Temple.

Thaipusam is an extremely colorful event. The women usually wear very brilliant Sarees, the Kavadis supported by Hindu devotees are elaborately decorated...Saffron, Hibiscus flowers, and colorful foods. It's a celebration for your eyes.

I have a few 'piercing' photographs, some images showing multiple, huge fish hook-looking things piercing the bodies of devotees. Nevertheless, these two images are my favorites as they show a lot of emotion on the devotees' faces and support from surrounding devotees. I think I had to elbow my way into the crowd to get these shots!

Happy Photographing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.