Monday, December 25, 2006

Anti-Fungus Day



Happy Holidays, anyone who stops by to read this!

Well, besides being a holiday, it is 'Anti-Fungus Day' here in this Tropical Wonderland of Fungus. Fungus is the number one enemy of lens glass, next to clumsy fingers. Fungus has got to be the worst invention next to Typhoid, now I'm just being nutty! However, if you ever spend any time in the tropics and I guess that would include Florida, you better be prepared to fight the fungus battle. If you are unlucky enough to have fungus grow on the inner lens elements, your lens is nearly doomed! So, in honor of Anti-Fungus Day, I took my lenses and filters out in the tropical sun, which must have been damn near 95 degrees, and just let them bake for about 30 mins., each. When I'm not using a lens-product, it stays in my dehumidifier box or my camera bag with dehumidifier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.