Thursday, March 01, 2007

Dragonfly Portraits, wins Second Place BP Jan 07 Contest




With all humbleness, I am going to mention this, as if I don't "toot my own horn", well you know, no one else will.

So, without further ado, in the January 2007, BetterPhoto dot com photography contest, in the Macro Division, I won a Second Place for this image, a Portrait of a Dragonfly.  It was an extreme closeup taken with my Canon PowerShot A620.  The A620 can get 'in-your-face' shots, and I was lucky this fellow didn't move.  I intended for the front and rear of the scene to be slightly out of focus, by using the f/2.8 aperture and working so very close, the shot ended up looking more like a portrait setting.

There were 25,100 entries in the January contest, by both working professional and 'Enthusiast' photographers, so this contest, which I've entered many times before, is no easy competition.  The winning photographs are usually needing to be, well, "bloody" fantastic if they expect to garner any of the prizes.

Thanks for the look, and if you click on the title, you can see my other images published at BetterPhoto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.