Tuesday, March 27, 2007


Title: "Burnt out car at Night, v.3, Edit B"
© 2007 Nawfal Nur
All Rights Reserved
Date: 3 March 2007
Time: 10:07PM
Location: Penang, Malaysia
Project Name: "This Planet"
Link to Project: This burnt out car photo is my contribution to the March 3rd, 2007, "This Planet" Project started by Travis Spangler

I used a Nikon F camera with Nikon Photomic FTn Viewfinder, a Sigma 24mm f/2.8 Ultra-Wide Lens, which is a non-FTn compatible lens, but I do my best to make it work on this camera - basically without metering. The film used for this image was Fuji Superia 200 ASA. The shutter speed was slightly less than a full minute and the aperture was in the f/11 or f/16 range. I used my very dependable Vivitar Auto Thyristor 2800 flash to brighten up the interior of the car, just a little. The flash was used off camera and fired by hand.

"This Planet" is a project conceived by Travis Spangler, an artist from Minnesota (USA). The idea was to get photographers from around the world to fire off a shot at exactly the same time, no matter where they were located. For me in Penang, Malaysia, that time was 10:07 pm.

At the moment, digital contact sheets of the images can be seen here. A more "designed" site is in the works. I'll let you all know when that happens.

I'm happy to be a part of this project. Thanks for taking a look.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.